Loki was kind enough to be a model this week for my new crocheted catnip stuffed heart for my Etsy shop. Isn’t he generous?
It seems like the fall semester just started at work and here we are just two days away from Christmas!
Our work holiday party was last week and there was an ugly sweater contest. Now, my mom was a little insulted because I asked to borrow one of her sweaters. But it paid off, because not only did I win, but the price was a $25 gift card – sweet! Mom keeps insisting that I have to give it to her so we’ll see. But she really shouldn’t be insulted. The reason I won was my sweater was the most over the top, not the ugliest. You see, it’s the gifts of the 12 Days of Christmas. It goes onto the back, too, but even the Man’s cell phone couldn’t take its gloriousness – the sparkle and shine was just too much for it.
I’m finally “in the mood” for the holiday now that everything is packed and wrapped and mailed. But for those of you who still have some people to shop for, there are always gift cards! So here are some ideas for unique gift card places and what I would purchase for myself from each. (Click the photo to enlarge, or the web link to take you directly to the item pictured)
1. seeJanework.com – organization is an art, and some of us love it (and like it to be pretty too) 2. ThinkGeek.com – for the inner nerd who loves flying their nerd flag 3. catsplay.com – anyone who loves to spoil their cats can find something here 4. TheGrommet.com – always something new, unusual, and fun that you won’t find elsewhere 5. Gardeners.com – the gardener or outdoor entertainer in your life will thank you 6. uncommongoods.com – perfect for the person who enjoys whimsy 7. Etsy.com – need I say more? Support the little guys. 8. shopterrain.com – has a little bit of everything. Pricey, but a nice indulgence. 9. surlatable.com – is perfect for the foodie or cook in your life.
Enjoy your last minute shopping!
‘Tis the season for dry hands if you’re anything like me. Between all the papers I deal with at work, all the cooking and resulting cleaning of dishes, and the crocheting, my hands are in sore need of moisture this time of year. So what better way to pamper someone this holiday than with the gift of beauty products?
Here are some of my favorite tried and true products to spoil someone with this holiday season. Or pick some of these up for yourself – you deserve it!
(click to enlarge!)
1. stila’s In the Garden Eye Palette. I fell into stila almost by accident when they had an amazing sale on their palettes and am now I couldn’t imagine not owning this one. All the basic colors, they apply easily and even with my sensitive skin and wearing contacts, I’ve never had any irritation.
2. I always apply Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve before bed. It is a bit thicker but absorbs quick enough that I can still navigate Netflix on my nook without leaving major smears. I have found it can leave a residue on paper so I use #6 for during the day.
3. Being a redhead I never leave my house without mascara, no matter how crappy I feel. Neutrogena’s Healthy Volume Mascara is my go to in black/brown. I don’t use waterproof, but with this I don’t feel I need to. I’ve cried at many sappy movies wearing this and it has never run. It also washes off easily without removers and has never clumped on me.
4. I have been wearing Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey since, no joke, 1998. It seems to be universally flattering, does not bleed so there is no need for lip liner, and feels luxurious without the heavy or perfumy side effects so many lipsticks have.
5. Julep may be a newer brand (at least to me) but I’m now a believer and LOVE the colors and coverage their nail polishes provide. I especially love Evelyn. A little bit on the pricey side, but sure to delight and the benefits of 3 Free nail polish can’t be ignored. Plus, they constantly have deals so keep an eye out.
6. For during the day moisturizing my go to is The Body Shop’s Almond Hand & Nail Cream. I have one tube in my purse and one at home. It absorbs insanely quick and never leaves a residue. I also use about 5 other Body Shop products on a daily basis but we’ll leave that another day! Be sure to check out the Body Shop membership – I’ve been a member for years and it’s well worth it.
7. Last but not least, L’Occitane’s Amber Eau du Toilette is a rich fragrance that will please anyone who likes warmer, non floral scents. I don’t wear perfume often but this has been my go to for several years.
Happy pampering! What are your go to products this holiday season??
Ever since our finances changed when I lost my job a couple years ago and then bought a house (still boggles my mind), shopping for anything other than paint and spackle has pretty much been a dream. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t get all the catalogs and emails that detail every pretty/sparkly/tempting deal that I could get on clothing, knick knacks and what have you.
What I did to combat the temptation was digitally bookmark the items that I really, really, really, really wanted so that I could revisit later if I had spending money. So now what I have is a long list of things that I would love to own, but don’t really need, but would be awesome. So, I figured I’d share with you all as you may have holiday shopping ahead of you and some of these things are just plain fun.
Today, I’ll share some items from the site mochithings.com which has some adorable accessories anyone is sure to love. (Click on the collage to view larger in a new tab)
1. Rabbit Ears Memo Board 2. Kitty Earphone Cap 3. Basic Purse Organizer v2
4. Mini Book Stand 5. Wool Smartphone Touch Gloves 6. Cat Earring Holder
7. Anne of Green Gables Scheduler 8. Poste Smartphone Wallet
Hope you have fun browsing and shopping! What sites do you love for quirky gifts? Maybe they’ll be my next post!
Tis the season to eat yummy foods and put on a little weight. But here in our house, we are trying to make sure that our feline friends keep a trim waist. Luna is not that large. She’s about 11 pounds but the vet said overall she’s at a healthy weight. Little man Loki, however, is a bit too big for his metaphorical britches, weighing in at about 17 pounds and way past puberty so no more growing for that one.
We’ve tried lots of foods to help our indoor cats lose weight, but the one they like the most is Royal Canin. The only problem is the pricetag. It is INSANELY expensive for dry food, so we usually mix it with a less expensive brand. Recently we got VERY lucky with a great deal.
I have been shopping on soap.com and wag.com for a while now because of the convenience of free shipping and three day delivery. The prices are amazing (usually the same or lower than local stores) and I even order my cat litter (because who wants to carry 30 pounds through a store, put it in a car, and then drag it inside the house???). Even better? I ordered cat litter, cat food, toilet paper, dish detergent, and some snacks on Tuesday night at about 10 pm, and at 7 pm on Wednesday they were at my door.
I’m not sure how long it will last, but right now you can try a small bag of Royal Canin for $5.00 by entering “TRYRC” at checkout. Usually a small bag is $14.99 so that is an AWESOME deal.
Hope you’re all having an awesome Feline Friday and hopefully you have a new place to shop for you AND your furriends.
(And no, I’m not endorsed by wag.com but I wouldn’t mind it! 🙂 )